Individuals and family members who have diabetes are encouraged to learn more, get connected, and get help managing this serious disease by attending UT Health Northeast’s free Empower Diabetes classes beginning Tuesday in UT Health’s Hudnall Auditorium.
Disease management is the goal of the Empower Diabetes program. Each session provides information for better diabetes self-management and guidelines for living a healthy lifestyle. Classes are free and topics include:
• 9-10 a.m. – What is Diabetes?
• 10-11 a.m. – Managing High and Low Blood Sugars and Sick Days
• 9-10 a.m. – Medications/Insulin
• 10-10:30 a.m. – Monitoring
• 10:30-11 a.m. – Stress/Coping
• 9-10 a.m. – Exercise
• 10-11 a.m. – Foot Care
• 9-10:30 a.m. – Meal Planning
• 10:30-11 a.m. – Goal Setting
• 9-11 a.m. – Reunion (Follow-Up) Class
Blood sugar and blood pressure testing are provided at the first class and at the reunion class.
Space is limited, and early registration is encouraged. Sessions include educational materials and door prizes.
To register, call 903-877-7569 or email email@example.com.